Friday, March 2, 2012

Flying Unicorn Jeans Challenge

Laura at Flying Unicorn is Hosting a Jeans Challenge for Fashion Month
She says: "I want you to use denim on your page....
you can use jean patches, cut up an old pair,
 use denim look paper, whatever.......but you must use denim somehow

So..here is my entry, using my daughter, Naomi, as my "model":
  Everything except the small blue bricks, the bling swirl and the crochet trim 
I used the gorgeous 7 Dots Wonderland and Kaisercraft Sweet Nothing paper and applied gesso with a brick pattern stamp and highlighted it with Distress ink in Antique Linen. The Mistable trim was treated to Tattered Angels in Bronze and accented with Distress embossed Kaisercraft wooden flourishes.
 I decided to incorporate denim into the layout by making these denim and leather flowers to complement the pic. I snagged a leather pocketbook at the local Goodwill for a $1 and a too-small pair of jeans from my daughter and traced flower layers that were cut from my cricut as a template. I topped them off with the cute fairy flowers from the UNI store and tufted them with some ivory flower soft and there you go!

Hope you liked them!
This was a fun challenge-why don't you check it out-look what you could win:
Have fun!

1 comment:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Gorgeous use of jean material and of course, I love the photo of your dear daughter!!!!! What a great take on the challenge!