Friday, July 20, 2012

SOUS Reveal Day!


Another 2 weeks has flown by and it's time for another Stuck on U Sketches reveal!
First go click on the link above to see Nanne's original sketch-it's so versatile and classic!
A dear friend asked me to scrap this charming vintage family photo and this sketch was perfect for it! I had to swap the vertical pic for the horizontal but otherwise stayed pretty true to the sketch. I love how the kids are so sweet and happy in the pic-so many vintage photos have that "frozen" look about them.

She loves laces and trims so I gladly raided my stash and I love how it turned out! The latest issue of Scrap365 magazine had articles on using lace and pearl dots so I decided to encorporate both..

The fountain is a Dusty Attic piece that I painted with gesso and highlighted with silver and pink metallic watercolor from the Flying Unicorn Store. The papers are spanking new Kaisercraft Lakehouse and they are so lovely and elegant.

Some close ups:


Thanks for stopping in!
Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's creations then link yours to the SOUS site so we can see what you create!

11 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

Wow, I love all the great textures you've used on this layout! The trims and laces are so very pretty! Great take on this sketch!

Anonymous said...

Ok first off, the extra photos to show the details are totally perfect and really show off all the creative little details you added!
This is really something special to me!
The layers and the different blooms added...geez, I just don't think I can say enough about this page!

HUGS!

Sandi Smith said...

WOW!!!!I love how this turned out too!!So any gorgeous details to look at!

Fern said...

Gorgeous layout, Tracey!!! Love the vintage/heritage details -- the beautiful flowers, trim, ribbon, charms, and cameo!! So much to look at!!! Love it all!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wowzers, girl! So much goodness to enjoy here! I didn't realize we were using the same paper .. I could have taken a lesson or two from this glorious page! The embellishments are perfection!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. oh wow.. this is exquisite.. amazing photo, and the details and papers and trims you have used are wonderful, as well as the trinkets and flowers.. I really love this..

Unknown said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous Tracey, so many textures and trims. The vintage feel just oozes from this page, and what a treasured photo it displays. Your friend will shed a tear when she sees this.... Hugs xx

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

I so love vintage layouts! You really rocked this, girl!mi l love everything about this!

annette said...

absolutely gorgeous vintage LO Tracy, love the older photos .. hugz

Nanne said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Tracey.. your flowers and colors are amazing, plus the cute little charms.. just adorable..
hugs
Nanné

LISA said...

This is just so gorgeous!!! Wow...