Monday, October 15, 2012

SEM October Sketch Challenge!

Hi there! Scrapping Everyday Miracles just posted our October Sketch Challenge. The lovely and talented Einat is this month's host. Here is the sketch coutesy of Page Maps:


There is a twist of course: Since this is the season of the Jewish New Year the twist will be to use red or green colors and shades on your layout (like the colors of an apple).

Here is my layout:
 

I am blessed to live in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, where the fall foliage is second to none. I spotted these stunning red bushes on the way home and pulled over to snap some pics. My daughter started playing around and posing and as a result I have some great shots! I came across this older BoBunny paper and thought it was a perfect match! I layered it over some FabScraps and the sweet bird is from a K and Co. Christmas package. The frame is a cheapie from Michaels that I crackled and distressed then highlighted with Rub n' Buff.
I included the scripture from Corinthians because my daughter just exudes hope and love and strives to have a positive attitude when things get hard. I love her playfulness and flexibility and this pic really captures her essence.
So, pop on over to SEM and see what the rest of the DT created.
We would love to see your interpretation of the sketch and it will enter you into a chance of winning this mini-kit from Boys Rule :
 
 
 
Link up your art to the SEM Blog by October 31st-I can't wait to see what you create!

6 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful design! Your daughter is so pretty Tracey :) Lovely sketch {luv PageMaps!}...looks interesting...might go for it...tfs :)

Lizzyc said...

HI..This is such a pretty layout, the foliage looks amazing and such a lovely photo, fabulous papers too, a really beautiful layout!!

Keren Tamir said...

wow Tracey this LO is gorgeous!! the papers match the photo so well!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous LO!! Love your frame work!! How fortunate that your daughter poses so sweetly for you!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Shona said...

so so gorgeous love the bright colors and yummy layers

Estee said...

I absolutely love the mix of colors. This is gorgeous!!