Friday, December 21, 2012

SOUS Reveal Friday!

Happy Friday! In the midst of your Christmas hustle and bustle, we offer you this original sketch by our very own Sandi Clarkson. Take a look here !
After making multiple Christmas themed layouts,
I decided to go girly and use up the very last of my ScrapThat! October kit.
Here is my interpretation:




This is my neice,Vivi and her very first BFF, Maya. Aren't they just the sweetest together? What makes this extra-special is that their fathers have also been best friends since Kindergarten. Too cute!
 
Technique-wise, I have used lots of fussy cutting and foam to make the layers of circles 3-dimensional. It is misted and inked and glittered to death as well.
 The die-cut flowers were a RAK from Scrap365, that I crackled and hit with some gold Rub'n Buff.
So there you have it! Now it's your turn!
 Link up to the main blog and maybe you could be voted one of the Top 3!
Have a very Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh how beautiful Tracey, the photo melts my heart.. and all the layers in your layout are amazing, gorgeous colors too.. and Have a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Stunning page, Tracey!! Love the amazing layering and crackled butterflies!! ~ I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!! Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Shona said...

love all the yummy layers...beautiful!

Nanne said...

OH wow!! shona is right about the yummu layers.. amazing layout Tracey.. The colors, layering and that cute photo.. I love it!!
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas
Hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh my goodness .. I am thinking about counting these layers but I"m afraid that I'd loose track! This has got to be a favorite of mine. Love it!

Sharon Fritchman said...

You did an amazing job with this kit, Tracey! That photo is just heartwarming and adorable! I love the butterflies, too! I also want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Awesome layering! I love the crackle look on the butterflies. I can't get mine to look like that and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! LOL! But you've nailed it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout Tracey, and totally adorable photograph! The layers and distressing are totally awesome and the cluster is so beautiful - I really love it. Wishing you and the family a very Merry Christmas... Hugs xx

Fern said...

Tracey, this is beautiful!!!! Love all of the layers, and the photo is just precious!!!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!!!! Hugs!!!