Monday, March 4, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles and ScrapThat! March Challenges

Marjolaine is hosting Scrapping Everyday Miracles' March Challenge!

This month’s challenge is to scrap about
how it is more blessed to give than to receive.

**The scrap twist is to use Gems on your project**

Create a project about a gift you received that really touched your heart or a sacrificial gift you gave. Perhaps you could even make a gift to give (specifically for this challenge). Also...it wouldn't have to be a physical gift, do you have photos of when you donated your time to help out?

To read more about the challenge and what you could win click here

Here is my project:


When I prayed on what to scrap for this topic, I felt most gratitude for the gifts that God blesses us with and how we are guided to use those gifts to bring out the best in others. The lovely and lithe ballerina in my picture is my niece, Abby. She is more accurately my ex-husband's niece, and after the divorce, I lost touch with most of his family. Now that the girls are older, and the wounds have had time to heal, we have "connected " on Facebook and  I have had the pleasure of seeing her dance. She is grace in motion..just beautiful. So I created this to let her know how beautiful and talented she is, using my gift for creating. 


I used a sketch from Once Upon a Sketch. The roses are all created with with a Spellbinders die and the circles and small daisy die-cut are courtesy of Joyce Lawrence's generous RAK from a Blue Fern blog hop. The quality of these chippies is top-notch! I scattered gems and used alcohol ink to color clear marbles to meet the scrap twist of using gems.

I also wanted to let you know about the DT challenge that Laura is hosting over at ScrapThat!
Click here for all the details and the fabulous Rak you could win!
It is a 2-part challenge and the first part is:

1) create a project using ONE of these quotes (few of my favorites)
*Sometimes it's the smallish things that take up the most room in our heart.
Author: Winnie the Pooh
*"The soul is healed by being with children."
Author: Fyodor Dostoevsky
*To the world you're just one person but to one person you could mean the world
*Believe in your heart that every moment holds a gift in its hands
*Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, that's 2 challenges for March, both with awesome prizes!
Hope you were inspired to start creating!
For the SEM challenge-don't forget the twist!!
 

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. This layout is so elegant, the flowers are so very beautiful, the butterflies look amazing too.. and love the quote as well!!

L. Akins said...

Very elegant layout for that precious photo!

Keren Tamir said...

Wow stunning photo and gorgeous LO!!!!

Marjolaine said...

Your color choices are fabulous, matches the photo so perfectly. I love the gifts you chose for this challenge!