Monday, May 20, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles May Sketch Reveal!

Helen is hosting May's layout and card sketch at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Click on the link to check out the sketches.Here is what she has to say :

Helen's here with the May Sketch Challenge! We're so excited to celebrate the National Scrapbooking Month with you and we're gonna have fun creating scrapbook layout and card. We  have a LAYOUT SKETCH and a CARD SKETCH for you to choose what you want to create. You can do both of sketches, or just one. You will get 1 entry in the PRIZE drawing for each sketch you complete.

The SCRAP TWIST that needs to be included on your project is CIRCLE ELEMENTS, for example flowers, doilies, circles, etc.


I chose to do the layout:
































I had lots of inky fun making my circles using a paper towel tube, bubble wrap and a steel sponge.  The chippie is from my generous RAK from ScrapFX-I painted it in an purple ombre and added glossy accents for dimension. This pic is from my daughter's adoption portrait shoot at 2 years old. She was a foster child that I have been blessed to have since she was 3 days old. Since there is no certainty with foster care, I used to sing her the song "You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan. 

Come stop your crying 
It will be all right 
Just take my hand 
Hold it tight 
I will protect you 
From all around you 
I will be here 
Don't you cry 
For one so small, 
You seem so strong 
My arms will hold you 
Keep you safe and warm 

This bond between us 
Can't be broken 
I will be here 
Don't you cry 


When destiny calls you 
You must be strong 
I may not be with you 
But you've got to hold on 
They'll see in time 
I know 
We'll show them together 

[Chorus] 
'Cause you'll be in my heart 
Yes, you'll be in my heart 
From this day on 
Now and forever more 
You'll be in my heart 
No matter what they say 
You'll be here in my heart, always 


So, try your hand at either sketch and link it up  by May 31st, 11:59pm PST.

**You may submit the project you create for Scrapping Everyday Miracles  to other challenge blogs but your project must be mainly created for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge in order to win the sponsor prize and/or be one of the Top 3**

*Important: Make sure your link is to the blog post with your project & not just your blog in general...and be sure to remember the SCRAP TWIST!


2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is just drop dead gorgeous, Tracey! I love purple pages and this one is so alive with a great mix of shades! Adorable photo .. you lucky lady!

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the
issues. It was definitely informative. Your site is very useful.
Thank you for sharing!

My site :: http://news21.uscannenberg.org/