Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sharing a card with Leaky Shed Studios

Hello there! Today and I want to share with you a card I created using Leaky Shed Studio chipboard.


I started with the Prima background paper,which I then distressed and layered. I shaded under the Victorian Mirror frame with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Spun Sugar.


To get the fresco effect on the frame,first I painted the whole surface with tan acrylic paint. Once that was dry,I added various shades of gelatos in brown,peach,pink and blue. I thickly applied Ranger crackle medium and let it sit overnight. Once,dried and crackled,I added Rub n Buff in Patina around my edges and in some of the cracks.


The cross is a combination of two of the shapes in this Cross Set of five. After coloring with gelatos and the same Patina Rub n Buff,I added copper microbeads using Ranger glossy accents and embellished the ends with Viva Copper Pen.I don't make cards very often but I love how the frame is the perfect size and adds an air of elegance!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Chipboard used in this project:

5 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

First, you create the best crackle effect of anyone I know! Second, that cross is the bomb! Love love love the added beads!

Shona said...

this is just so so gorgeous :)

zunaira mehar said...

I am thankful that I discovered this blog , just the right information that I was looking for! .
Awesome post and right to the point, I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any idea where to get some professional writers? Thanks in advance





Cardsharing Server

Jan said...

Love the effect you achieved on the frame. I will have to give it a whirl. tfs!

Krystle said...

Love your use of purple!