Friday, July 18, 2014

Swirlydoo's July Kit Second Reveal!

Hello Scrappy friends!
Today I want to share my second reveal with the lovely Swirlydoo's July kit,”Celestial Summer”.

My first project is a page using the apricot tones of the kit: 


Using the fabric like SEI paper, I cut out flower layers using my trusted Tattered Florals die and stacked and sewed the layers together


Then I hit them with Perfect Pearl mist and the heat gun,which made the petals curl up-I really like how they turned out!


I created the pleats around the page with just water and paper strips.


Using a prima mask and Distress Inks, I created the shaded Damask background. I liked the distressed whites that the Prima wooden tokens already had, so I left them bare. I adore all the chroceted lace in the kit and used it as a mat for my pic.


My next project uses the wooden tray that the Prima resin fairies came packaged with. 


I turned it over and mod-podged the Prima Princess paper. I shaded using the pretty Shimmerz and gesso. 


The large Prima flowers were from my stash but I think complement the paper well. I love sparkle so everything gets a little Diamond Stickles! 


I need to get more of the chippie alphas because I love the font and how well they take ink.
That’s all I have for today! 
Thank you for stopping by and hope you love the kit as much as I do!


2 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

These came just gorgeous! The alpha chippie really is fantastic. Love your up-cycle of the resin pkg :D

Paula

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow! I totally love both of these projects! As always, you are so innovative in your ideas! You've got true artist's blood running in those veins of yours! Hugs!