Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Neutral Side if the Scraps of Darkness January Kit

One of the fun parts about being on a kit club DT is challenging myself to use every aspect of the kit. I stay true to my "style" but I like to show how versatile a good kit it-like this one!
So today, I'd like to share a layout created with the neutrals in the kit plus add-ons and some of my own stash. Here is my result:


I'm lucky to have a photogenic daughter who is a good sport about doing photo shoots-I always have a pic for (most) any color scheme. She is an avid book worm and music lover so I knew these papers were perfect!
All the papers shown are from the kit and paper add-ons. I covered an old frame by mod-podging one of the BoBunny cut outs. I fussy cut multiple layers of papers and distressed then inked them.



I love the "smile" embellishments and colored mine in with gold sharpie and affixed it to a beaded ribbon from my stash with glossy enamel. The large ivory doily is also from my stash but the lovely gold lace trim is from the kit-it feels like luxory! I used it again as trim on the right side of my page.



The flowers are from the floral add-on of the February Scraps of Elegance Kit. The metal feathers from the kit were attached to the large flower to add a bit of edge and variety of textures.


These sweet bird chippies are by Blue Fern and included in the kit. First I colored them with peach gelatos and stamped them in brown with a Something Tattered stamp. I added white highlights before covering them with glossy accents. I found some chicken wire chippies from my stash that I added because they coordinate with the BoBunny background paper. I left them bare with Bisque stickles at the joints.



Here's my second bird on the left corner of my page. I added peach gelato to all the black and white flowers to add warmth. The sweet little buttons are from my thrift store stash as well.


Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!

This stunning is kit completely sold out so if you never want to miss out on these fabulous kits, come see how you can become a subscriber here and please stop by our store for all your scrappy goodies!

Have a wonderful day and stay warm! 

Honored to be on the

3 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Very inspiring page.

Unknown said...

Great use of layering.

Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

Kim
Design Team Showcase
{Craftisan Studios}

Sandi Clarkson said...

This page has a little bit of everything! Awesome!