Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Leaky Shed Studio reveal: Blackbird

Happy Tuesday! 
Today I want to share with you my latest project using Leaky Shed Studio chipboard.
 I've seeing a trend of silhouette paintings on Pintrest so I thought I would give it a try using chipboard. Here is the result:


I finger painted the night sky background on to a burlap canvas. I smoothed it out with a wide brush until I was satisfied with the appearance. 


I painted the chipboard bird matte black. I used the flourish chippie  to make the large bird branch. 


I painted the smaller swirled chippie branch and adhered it to the top right corner for perspective.

The song, "Blackbird" by the Beatles was my inspiration for the canvas.

        "Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise."

Have a wonderful day and can't wait to see what you create!


1 comment:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Such a cool idea! Love silhouettes.