Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August Scraps of Darkness Projects-It's beginning to look a lot like...yep, Christmas!

Hello! Today I want to share my latest projects with the Scraps of Darkness' August kit, "Kathy's Nature Walk". My first is a scrap page pulling the green and red elements of the kit. Many of you know how I love all things Christmas so I just couldn't resist!


Everything except for the red flower is from the kit. How sweet is Blue Fern deer?
Here are some close-ups:

I am in the process of repainting and refurbishing my bedroom furniture and used the Creativity Add-on to rescue my outdated brass knobs and a thrift store pail.


First, the easiest way to paint knobs is to thread them into cardboard-like the handy packages our kits arrive in :) I first covered them with the patina and let them dry. I then brushed on the chalk paint. once that dried I used the distressing tools to bring up the jade and hints of the brass. I stamped with a light grey then covered them with the Ranger Glaze. Once dry, I returned them to my chalk painted dresser and love the shabby patina of them!
I treated this thrift store brass bucket the same way-I love the layers of colors:


That's all for today-thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh my, I am a bad blog hopper these days but had to drop by and admire this layout .. and those adorable updated knobs! You are always thinking of such great, clever ideas!

Clipping Path said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill. Please keep on working hard. Thanks for sharing.