Sunday, March 4, 2012

I was so excited to check the Swirlydoos blog and find this:

Swirlydoos

Layout Of The Week

March 3, 2012

Tracey Gregory

 

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

This week we bring you this gorgeous Heartfelt layout by Tracey. The photo of Tracey and her son was taken the night of his senior prom. It was then Tracey realized that her little boy had become a young man, and soon, the following fall, he would be leaving for college. Her strong Irish roots reminded her of the ballad Danny Boy, and thus, a title for her gorgeous page was born.
Looking at this layout, we are also reminded of all of the beautiful rich green colors, reminiscent of Ireland. And don't miss the small picture of Tracey holding her son as a wee little one, tucked away in the corner among all of the beautiful flowers. And what a spray of flowers it is!! The layering, the composition, the beautiful warm feel of this LO just blew us away this week. We hope that you are inspired!! "



Thank you,Lisa, for such an honor!

2 comments:

LISA said...

Well honey, I was blown away by it's beauty..So well deserved.
xoxoxo
Lisa

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! So full of wonder and love! I really like the emotion that I feel when I look at it!!!! (thanks so much for visiting my blog!)