Thursday, March 19, 2015

Angel Canvas with Leaky Shed Studios

Hello, lovely scrappy folks! Today, I'd like to share my latest project using the wonderfully versatile Leaky Shed Studio Chipboards. Using just this Large Damask Flourish piece, I was able to separate 5 separate sections of detailed chippies for my project.


I separated the side sections to use as angel wings. They were painted white, then stamped using the same script stamp as I used on the burlap canvas. As the glossy accent was wet, I sprinkled large cellophane glitter on it. Once dry, I added small pearls as accents.


I then used the 3 remaining pieces as Cornishes by first applying gesso, then Tattered Angels' Glitter Glam. I added crackle as it was still wet to pull up the color into the gel. I layered the top 2 as shown:


Then used the remaining piece to counter balance the dollar store frame.


Some more pearls add to the glamour and add some smooth texture to the burlap canvas and crocheted doily. As always, this is a very 3D project!


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to stop at the Leaky Shed Studio Store to see all the new collections!


3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks beautiful.. love that verse too..

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tracey! I love the Bible verse you used, too!

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a gorgeous piece and I adore all the layers!