Sunday, April 5, 2015

Scraps of Darkness' March kit projects

I've had a fabulous time with the March Scraps of Darkness kit! Here are my projects:


First up is a layout inspired by the March Inspiration board. One of the pictures featured a cluster of hearts that ended up becoming this trio of stars:

The kit included some fun copper steampunk shapes and I added some lovely Renea's butterflies from the Scraps of Elegance kit.

Next up is a layout with a different color scheme:


The kit included mica, which I'd never worked with before. I peeled apart the layers until they were pliable, then colored them with a mix of warm toned alcohol inks. I ran them through my cuttlebug with a fall leave die and used them to back my flowers.


I like how they flowed with a favorite fall pic of Naomi. There are lots of journaling slips and such in the kit so I cut one down for my title.



My 3rd project is an altered cell phone box:


I always keep the boxes,not sure why, but upon cleaning out my closet found quite a few of them. Since they are so sturdy I re purposed one into a fun little gift box.

I love the mechanical pieces in the kit and combined some to add a quasi-steampunk flavor. The laces on the edge are positioned above and below the box seams so it can still be opened and closed.


Lots of fun tags included that I distressed and layered. The top is blank until I decide who the recipient will be.

For my last project, I wanted to use the 5 x 7 canvas in an unusual way.


I colored with turquoise glimmer mist and with the black texture paste from last month's kit and the stencil from the SOE kit,I created the small canvas. 


I do love to layer but wanted to keep the darker tones and chose not to distress the edges, just lightly crease them.


Both the SOD and SOE kits came with these elegant charms that I "hung" from my vintage ribbon.

Stay tuned to see the upcoming April kits!
Wishing you a wonderful Easter!
Honored to be on the

3 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

What fabulous projects! You did a great job with these dark colors. And the mica, omigosh. Fab!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, Tracey!! What gorgeous pages and box!! You totally rocked this beautiful kit. I adore seeing the close-ups of your amazing details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Sharon Fritchman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pages and altered box! I love your beautiful designs!!!